On Wednesday March 14th, I was very lucky to be invited to the 4th Birthday Party celebrations of a chic Bondi night spot: The Rum Diaries. I joined the owners Mark Tarrant, James Hudson and Mark Bowey as they toasted to the 4th Birthday of one of Bondi’s hippest nightspots.
I was in very good company as I entered the cute bar that’s located at 288 Bondi Road, as you enter the atmosphere is immediately inviting, the low lighting and the raised bar provides a nostalgic feel. When warmly greeted by the kooky bar staff, you could be forgiven for mistaking that you’ve dropped right into the middle of a 1920’s movie. They have an air about them that they know what they’re doing, and you know what, they do it with finesse!
The entertainment for the evening consistent of a very talented harpist, v soothing tones – perfect laid back sound for the venue, once I find out the name I’ll add it for you guys,
100 VIP Guests including Nathan Jolliffe, Sara Bray, Tiffany Farrington, Caroline Marcus, Tom Steinfort amongst a Bondi ‘it’ crowd enjoyed the celebrations.
We were treated to an array of delicious canapés with a prominent infusion of Rum and selection of Rum-based cocktails in the true style of the unique venue. A sneak peak at some of the best dishes and ‘it’ crowd are below for your perusal!
– Bulgar wheat arancini with carrot hummus
– Kingfish ceviche with grapefruit mojito gel, crispy radish
– Pickled beetroot and goats cheese, terrine and hazelnut granola
– Crispy skin pork belly with tonka bean cloud, sour rhubarb puree
– Slow roast lamb with tomato tart tatin and basil
– Chickpea Jenga tower with paprika aioli
– Mary Pickford: 60ml Cruzan Rum, 30ml Pineapple Juice (unsweetened), 15ml bols Maraschino Liqueur 7.5ml, Crawley’s Bartender Grenadine
– Dark & Stormy: Dark rum, lime & bitters topped with ginger beer
All in all I’d highly recommend that you head to the Rum Diaries, it’s a great location, inviting venue and is backed up by a sterling drinks menu and mouth watering menu to boot!
If you go let me know what you think, always more than happy to say I told you so!