The largest and most prestigious hairdressing event in the southern hemisphere
Step inside the glamorous world of hair fashion this Queen’s birthday long weekend, as top local and international hair stylists descend upon Sydney for Hair Expo Australia 2012.
Showcasing the hairdressing industry’s leading brands and stylists, Hair Expo Australia offers the chance to get up close and personal with world-class experts and be dazzled by the latest in innovation and creativity.
WHAT – Things to see this year include:
– The world’s leading celebrity hairdressers from across the globe including Sassoon’s UK sensation, Mark Hayes, Redken’s international creative genius, Chris Baran and local stars Jayne Wild, Sharon Blain, Brad Ngata, Caterina DiBiase and Damien Rinaldo.
– Learn how to become a styling superstar with fashion maestro, Snowden Hill’s ‘Backstage’ seminar. A fixture behind the scenes at fashion weeks in Paris, London and Milan, Snowden will demonstrate how to translate runway looks into stellar street styles.
– Enter the set of a live photo shoot with Aussie luminary, Kevin Murphy, as he takes you inside the exciting world of session styling.
– Get up close with the creative experts from the world of makeup including Australia’s very own makeup mastermind, Rae Morris.
– Demonstrations by the leading salon exhibitors such as ghd, L’Oréal Professionnel, Redken and Schwarzkopf Professional.
– Two stages, right in the thick of the exhibition floor, featuring live demonstrations from top local and international artists, showcasing the latest and greatest new products all day;
– Seminars, workshops, business education, ‘look and learn’ sessions and free business updates from some of the top names in the hairdressing business;
– The Awards Gallery Lounge, displaying the amazing photographic collections of this year’s awards entrants;
PLUS three extravagant gala events, one on each night of Hair Expo:
– Saturday’s Opening Spectacular – featuring the much-anticipated gala performance by three-time Australian Hairdresser of the Year, Jayne Wild, the ghd sponsored show is set to sizzle. Collaborating with New Zealand’s Sara Allsop the night will bring together a recreation of Mercedes Australian Fashion Week for a front-row fashion experience that usually, money can’t buy.
– Sunday’s GenerationNext – will be a jam-packed showcase of the industry’s best up and coming talent. Audiences will be wowed by a series of short shows, brimming with creativity, ending on a high with the entertaining finale from International Redken Artist, Chris Baran.
– Monday’s Schwarzkopf Professional Hair Expo Awards – unquestionably the hair industry’s night of nights, the longest running awards in the Southern Hemisphere are the pinnacle of the Australian and New Zealand hairdressing industry. After an awe-inspiring show from the night’s sponsor, Schwarzkopf Professional, find out who will be crowned Australia’s best hairdressers!
WHEN Saturday June 9: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Sunday June 10: 10.00am – 6.00pm
Monday June 11: 10.00am – 4.00pm
WHERE Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour
TICKETS Start at $30 – save 10% by booking online at:
Massive savings are available though value passes
TWITTER @hair_expo / #hairexpo